Old August 11th 05, 08:35 PM
maxim

"" wrote:
ccrc wrote:

I use GetDataBack and it has worked wonders on my old

"unreadable" (by
Windows) drives.
-Chris.

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 05:57:41 GMT, eb7g wrote:

I have a 120GB Western Digital Caviar that is less than two

years old. I
was rendering a movie from it when it froze and then nothing

could read
it again.

The computer bios will see it, but windows can't. Can't seem

to access
it in anyway, even to reformat it. It spins and seems

fine....

Any idea what happened, and if it's usable? If so, how, as

my operating
system won't read it. Warranty is expired.

Cool. I don't need the data on it, I just want to be able to
use it
again, as it's not an old drive.

Get back data is a good option...
has worked for me with a dead 80 gb seagate.

Easy Recovery Pro....can also be of much help....its got this option
whr you can recover data from a formatted hdd. (hvnt still got a
chance to try it tho...) hopefuly shuld work for you..as long as the
drive detects in the bios and spins...uve not run out of luck....

im soon gonna start work on a WD Caviar WD400BB dead hdd which isnt
showing up on bios...

anyone knows any software for WD for e.g DM 9.5 for seagate

cheers!

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/PC-Sto...pict60309.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=304701