Old June 13th 21, 02:37 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default Is it normal for connected HDMI to be the primary display instead the connected VGA?

Ant wrote:

aside

Geesh, you really screwed up on the newsgroup names:
alt.comp.pc.hardware.homebuilt --.
alt.comp.pc.harware.homebuilt (harware? Not hardware?) --'-- dupe
atl.comp.hardware.homebuilt (atl? Not alt?)
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (where I saw your article)

Traffic in .homebuilt is tiny compared to .pc-homebuilt, so I responded
only to the latter newsgroup. The others with typos are invalid, or
duplicates if corrected.

/aside

I have both HDMI (HDTV) and VGA (monitor) connected to my new 64-bit W10
Pro PC (Intel Core i5-10400 Comet Lake 2.9GHz 6-Core LGA 1200 CPU
(includes Intel UHD 630 GPU), ASRock H510M-HDV/M.2 Intel LGA 1200
microATX motherboard, MSI NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti DirectX 11.2
N750TI-2GD5/OC (2 GB of VRAM), etc.). It didn't matter if I use the
onboard video or the video card. I want my VGA (monitor) to be my
primary screen and my HDTV to be the secondary. Even UEFI stuff shows on
my HDTV (HDMI). Nothing on my monitor (VGA)! I remember the old PCs used
to show same stuff on both displays during old BIOS and CMOS!

Also, I'm using an old OmniCube KVM (PS2+VGA) from Y2K for my VGA
monitor. W10 says my monitor is #2 (VGA) while HDTV (HDMI) is #1. How
can I tell the motherboard to use my monitor as the first display (VGA)
instead of my HDTV (HDMI)?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon.

If you go into the BIOS/UEFI settings, is there one for "primary display
adapter"?

Have you looked at nVidia Control Panel's "Set up multiple displays" to
see what they let you configure there?

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...ps0923cca5.jpg