Old February 12th 20, 02:49 AM posted to alt.privacy.anon-server,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.os.linux.advocacy,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
T[_6_]

Default Linux-based Windows 12 Lite is '3x faster than Windows 10' and'immune from ransomware'

On 2020-02-11 06:49, Big Al wrote:
And yes, it's Linux so I lack the ability to run real fancy windows
programs since Wine is so under developed.

Hi Al,

I have run Wive for years. It stinks. I am lucky
if I can get it to run programs.

The main issue is the economic model of open source
programs. You give the code away and charge for
the consulting / improvements. Code Weavers run
Wine and WILL NOT fix ANYTHING you complain about
unless you put their staff on your payroll.

So, small guys without a ton of cash kicking
around, get ignored. I can barely feed myself,
let alone put four of them on my payroll.
So you are screwed.

A few years back a group of volunteers, called
Wine Staging, came in and fixed a ton of issues.
Things were looking up. Then Wine swallowed them
up. And we are back to the same issues re-occurring
that Staging fixed. And no we will fix them unless
you pay the ransom. To the little guy, Wine is a dead
project.

I am going to have to create my own repo of Wine RPMS
as I have had to downgrade due to a couple of nasty
issues they won't fix. The downgrade version will
not be available for very much longer.

The moral of the story is to be very, very careful
trusting Wine to keep working for you.

-T