Old November 6th 04, 02:03 AM
Bud,

No, its a great chip and board I have one but the cost of an upgrade from a
2800XP to a 3000-64 would not produce a large enough performance increase to
justify the cost.
I have a AMD-64 at 2800 and a 2200XP and while the 64bit is faster it would
not have been worth it if I did not have a need for a second or I just
wanted an upgrade. Its 20% faster on average but cost 50% more so I would
keep a 2800 until price changed.
I would wait a year the cost of boards and price of CPU will make the wait
worthwhile as well as improved S-ATA rumored to hit 300 by Xmas next.
A good video card may be a better buy now if you just want faster games.
Example
A XP3000 with a Radeon 9200 is slower in games than a 2000XP with a Radeon
9800xt The GPU on the video is more important in games.
But if you have the money and want go for it.

"Mike" wrote in message
Does that mean that I shouldn't upgrade anything, If so, why? Does the
AMD
64 3000+ and K8V SE deluxe stink that badly? I can still take all the
stuff
back to Frys!

--
The wonderful thing about standards is that there are so many to choose
from