Old August 19th 04, 01:23 PM
Jason Cothran

"quasar" wrote in message
| How does it compare to the 32 bit version of XP (running on the same 64
bit
| architecture that is) i.e. how does xp64-on-654/939 compare to
| xp32-on-754/939? Is it faster in any respect?

For now, yes. It is considerably faster. A lot of that has to do with how
"raw" it is though. Once they add all there bloatware in there, it will
likely slow down some, but the early releases look promising. On the flip
side, it is already considerably faster "feeling", and that's without good
drver optimization. From that viewpoint, it also stands to get better even
as they add the "bloatware" into it. I have a good feeling about things to
come in the future. They won't catch Linux on 64-bit any time soon, but at
least they are putting forth an effort to put out a product even if it is
way overdue.