Old November 11th 03, 02:22 AM
Adimurugan.V

(Craig) wrote in message . com...
Hi all, im a trainee Technician at Dyffryn School. Recently the bloody
librarian came down to me and the Head technician with a "Boot From
atapi CD-ROM. Boot disk failure", i think its a cd-rom fault or it
'could' be a faulty ide cable, can anyone give me an insight on
solving the problem

Nice one!!!
Craig

There are several probs.
1. If you connect with the hard disk the hard disk is damaged it may
be due to disconnected or damaged data, power cable
2. if and only if you dont have the hard disk in your computer the
prob is your cdrom drive maynot be having the booting feature. the
CDD less than 32x may not having this feature.
3, the cd media is not origionally bootable.