Old November 18th 03, 02:39 AM
Don Crano

Yes ran the WD Diagnostics when I first had the problem, came back with no
problems found, it was the WD disk that lead me to find that all I had to do
was boot from another device first, to be able to boot from the HD.

I think we may have found the problem. I replaced the 80 conductor cable
with a new one, and so far the system has booted properly each time, even
after being shut down for more then 2 hours. It would appear, note I say
appear because have not had enough time to truely verify it was the problem,
that the orginal cable was ok with a single HD, but does not work properly
with a second HD added to it.

Thanks to all for the help!
Don

"PC Gladiator" wrote in message
Have you run WD Diagnostics on the drive? I got a bad one a year ago...