Old July 9th 04, 09:50 PM
Peter Bako

Default Boot w/o keyboard on IPAQ Desktop

I have a version 1, legacy-free IPAQ Desktop system (PIII/500). Currently I
am using it with FreeBSD 4.10 using a USB keyboard and mouse. However I
would like to run this system headless (no keyboard, mouse or monitor). On
generic systems this simply requires turning off in the BIOS stopping for
errors, such as the lack of a keyboard. There is no similar setting on this
system, so the minute I pull the keyboard off and reboot I get an error.

So, is there a way to force the BIOS to ignore the keyboard error (or better
yet not look for it), or failing that is there any way to fool the system to
think there is a keyboard attached? Some kind of a USB loopback that looks
like a keyboard to the BIOS (similar to what a KVM does)?

Thanks,
Peter )