Old August 21st 07, 03:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
[email protected]

Default Compaq M2000 dead laptop?

Anyone know of any class action suits in regards for this Mobo? This
problem is widespread and definately an internal hardware issue. I
have two clients' identical laptops, Presario M2000's. One is
completely dead and the other is very unstable(powers off
unexpectedly). These laptops are ~2 years old and from what I have
seen on other forums, these are not isolated incidents. I wasted an
hour on hold talking w/ support to no avail, good times. Anyway, I am
looking to get something started here, this is Compaq's liability and
they are not standing behind their products.

Anyone else get the spark from the power port when you plug in the
supply while it's hot?

BTW: MSI fully recognized and accepted responsibility for known
capacitor issues and have replaced EIGHT "out-of warranty"
motherboards for me in the last 10 months. Too bad Compaq/HP are so
lame.