Old April 22nd 05, 07:29 PM
John

Default Lite-on

My CD Drive /writer opens and closes when start to I boot up. It then opens
as Windows loads and several times later.

If I manually close it there is a lot of activity indicated by the LED - it
then re-opens.

If I insert a music CD it is ok eventually - but it takes several attempts.
The drive indicator on Mediaplayer indicates "Drive Busy" sometimes - but
usually "No Disk in Drive" With persistence I can get a Audio CD to play

I have run all Malware, Antivirus and Adware. I feel that there is some
buffered command that it is trying to act out.

The read light and the C Drive light flash as though data is being changed
even when no disk is present. Task manager reveals nothing obvious.

Any ideas for purging it is a Liteon read/write unit.

Any other ideas?