Old March 15th 07, 10:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.cdr,alt.sys.pc-clone.acer
Gerard Bok

Default Acer Aspire 5000 laptop DVD drive does not burn DVDs correctly - Unspecified Recorder Error

On 15 Mar 2007 13:30:36 -0700, "Sid B"
wrote:

I've been using an Acer Aspire 5000 notebook for about a year. During
that while I have only occasionally used the DVD drive for writing
DVDs. Just recently, I tried again and it failed twice in the middle
of a burn.

I am using Windows XPSP2 and Nero 7.

I have seen Nero crashing like this before.

My suggestion would be: install a (free) burning package, like
from http://cdburnerxp.se/ and see if that shows the same
results.
It will let you distinguish a hardware from a software problem.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok