Old April 23rd 05, 11:18 PM
Shepİ

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:44:11 -0700 If I have seen farther it is
because I have stood on the shoulder of giants "johns"
wrote :

I'm building a list of cd-drives not to buy. What I found
out about most of them, was they were made before
WinXP SP2 .. or even before WinXP at all. In other
words, they were made broke, and are incompatible
with the latest standards. I've gone through all the
BIOS upgrades on those drives I intend to go through.
I went through all the Plextor driver kludges I could
stand. Now, I won't touch a GoldStar, Lite-on, ..
about a dozen more ... and I'm staying with Sony.
So far, the Sony drives have done every thing I needed
for them to do .... It is something about the ASPI layer
updates and the old cdrom BIOS. Buy Sony. It will
work.

johns

Huh?

--