Old May 2nd 04, 06:50 PM
P.Melchior

Hi,

Op Sun, 02 May 2004 17:21:27 GMT schreef "Bob Day"
:

"P.Melchior" wrote in message
.. .
Op Sun, 02 May 2004 16:58:20 GMT schreef "Bob Day"
:

"P.Melchior" wrote in message
.. .

Hello,
[...]

What is the upload speed of your broadband connection on
the computer you're doing the encoding on?

upload 320 kbps

Possibly, you're
encoding at too high a rate. Try broadcasting at a very low rate,
such as 56 Kbps, then work up from there.

I'm compressing to WM8, 56k, 160x120 at this moment, but if the
connection holds the load I'll try to step up.

Are you on DSL or
a cable modem?

ADSL

ADSL is good. I've found it to be less "bursty" than cable modem
broadband, which, in my experience, can cause the Encoder to choke.

Well I don't have experience with cable, living on a rather remote
spot. The phone exchange is upgraded to ADSL sincs april first.

-- I'm receiving your broadcast just fine at 29Kbps.

Thanks, that's good to hear. It reassures me that I didn't do anything
basically wrong. Now it's a matter of speeding up, and find out when
the connection chokes.

Thanks,

Peter