Old February 29th 04, 09:08 PM
philo

Yeah, that's what I tried, but the RAM in my PC is SDRAM and it seems that
this other RAM is DDR and, so, doesn't fit. I'm going to see if I can get
hold of some tomorrow. I've spent my whole weekend trying to sort this
out - let that be a lesson to not do computing favours for friends.

If you run the mem test and the RAM is bad or flakey
I recommend getting a good quality RAM and not any of that low priced
generic stuff. Although XP will run with just 128 megs of RAM...
ideally you should go for 256 megs (or more)