Old February 29th 04, 10:08 PM
kony

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 17:59:37 -0000, "GJ"
wrote:

may be a RAM problem

Hmm, I think you may have just hit the nail on the head. PC has 1 stick of
128 mb ram installed. I had been using quick boot and skipping the memory
check stage. Just enabled it before and it came up with "98304KB OK", which
equals 96 mb. So it looks like 32 mb ain't working. Unplugged the ram and
plugged it back in again and still only 96 mb...

The system uses an integrated video mainboard, yes?
That missing 32MB is probably the video frame buffer allocation, meaning
that's not a sign of any problem.

That's a cheap junk motherboard. You were taking a gamble with it and
might've lost. Could be the board, or the power supply if it's a
similarly cheap unit, or the memory.

Don't mean to sound like I'm preaching or anything, but these are some of
the reasons eveyone doesn't buy the cheapest parts possible.