Old December 13th 16, 12:07 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Jolly Roger[_3_]

Default Resizing existing partitions on an external USB2 HDD in Mac OS?

Ant wrote:
In alt.comp.periphs.hdd Lewis wrote:
In message
Ant wrote:
Hello.

Mac OS (Mountain Lion v10.8.5 & Sierra v10.12.1)'s Disk Utility won't
let me resize 2 existing partitions (FAT32

That's why.

Does its Disk Utility not let me do that like in Linux and Windows?

Not with FAT partitions.

Oh. So they need to be HFS+ to repartition. Darn it. I was hoping it
would be like old PartitionMagic, qtparted, etc.

Yes, it's oh so limited and sub-par! I mean everyone knows PartitionMagic,
qtparted, etc would resize HFS volumes! /sarcasm

Your expectations are unrealistic.

JR