Old November 26th 16, 07:00 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Neill Massello[_3_]

Default Can't format 64 GB USB flash drives as FAT32?

pjp wrote:

I was under the understanding Mac's read/write to exFat.

Correct. The Mac operating system comes with read-only support for NTFS
volumes but full read-write support for FAT and ExFAT. Third-party
software is required to write to an NTFS volume.

I even formatted one of my externals once to facilitate visiting a Mac
friend once. Visit didn't happen so still don't know for sure. Can't see
Apple paying MS to support it's file system?

That's my understanding of why Apple doesn't provide full support for
NTFS: it's proprietary.