Old November 26th 16, 04:25 AM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.windows7.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
pjp[_5_]

Default Can't format 64 GB USB flash drives as FAT32?

In article , bbbl67
@spammenot.yahoo.com says...

On 11/25/2016 7:01 PM, Sergey wrote:
Same here on Windows 10 home 64bits for USB 3.0 64GB and USB 3.0 128GB.
NTFS and exFAT only.
Using MiniTool Partition Wizard I can format in: FAT32, NTFS, Ext2,
Ext3, Ext4 and Linux Swap but no exFAT.
This is weird.

ExFAT is proprietary, Microsoft wants to charge money for using it. The
patents on FAT32 and NTFS ran out long ago, that's why Linux can now
fully use both filesystems nowadays, whereas in the olden days they were
limited to read-only access or **** like that.

Yousuf Khan

I was under the understanding Mac's read/write to exFat. I even
formatted one of my externals once to facilitate visiting a Mac friend
once. Visit didn't happen so still don't know for sure. Can't see Apple
paying MS to support it's file system?