Old February 27th 06, 07:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

Default PSU died. Has it killed my motherboard too?

Robbie McFerrenwrote:
Wandy wrote:
Thanks for the replies, the broken-down PSU spec (of which I have

no
real understanding!) is as follows :-

"Win Power" switching power supply, model ATX-450. Max
output power = 450W. Input : 115VAC 10A max, 60Hz 230VAC, 5A max
50Hz. Output : +12V 20A max, +5V 40A max, +3.3V 28A max, -5V 0.5A
max, -12V 0.8A max, +5V/SB 2.0A max.

So was this good enough to run my machine?...because no doubt the
dealer will just replace it with like for like. If anyone

recommends
a particular PSU what is it, and how much will it cost in the UK?

From what I described then does this sound like my motherboard has
gone too?...or can someone suggest why the machine wont boot?

Before tossing the motherboard use standard motherboard

troubleshooting
procedures. (erase CMOS if that does not work remove battery and
unplug
power for 15 min, if that does not work do over but boot without
battery to see if it will boot that way).
I deal with substandard equipment all the time so send me an email
(the
address is valid).[/quote:e8eae32d23]

Hi..."erase CMOS". What is that and what does it involve?

Cant see any link to email you!