Old May 11th 05, 01:45 AM
kurttrail

Leythos wrote:
In article ,
says...
the latest from mike brannigan is that it's the oem that determines
when the original computer is no longer the original computer . so
who built the computer , who bought the oem os and who installed the
os on that computer determines the rules as far as i read it .

Not that I want to get into this again, but if you go into the OEM
site at MS,

You mean the password protected site!

read around the documents, it seemed very clear to me
that the OEM software is tied to the first computer it's installed
on, and that the computer, by MS's documents on the OEM site,
indicate that the Motherboard is the "computer".

Unfortunately NO END USER EVER AGREED TO THOSE TERMS!

You are totally full of sh*t! You can't get it through your thick skull
that the web page is NEVER agreed to!

When I, as a personal choice, choose OEM, I limit the scope of the
license to the motherboard.

Good for you, you little MSAss-licking toady!

Those of us that ain't MS partners and have absolutely no conflict of
interest when it comes to having business dealings with MS have never
agree, and most have never even seen the password protected web site of
FUD about the mobo is the computer and bill gates is god!

--
Peace!
Kurt