Old May 11th 05, 12:56 AM
Leythos

In article ,
says...
the latest from mike brannigan is that it's the oem that determines when the
original computer is no longer the original computer . so who built the
computer , who bought the oem os and who installed the os on that computer
determines the rules as far as i read it .

Not that I want to get into this again, but if you go into the OEM site
at MS, read around the documents, it seemed very clear to me that the
OEM software is tied to the first computer it's installed on, and that
the computer, by MS's documents on the OEM site, indicate that the
Motherboard is the "computer".

When I, as a personal choice, choose OEM, I limit the scope of the
license to the motherboard.

remove 999 in order to email me