Old November 10th 09, 11:27 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Gary

Default Question .... SATA hard drives, IDE emulation mode vs. AHCI mode

On 10-Nov-2009, "Michael W. Ryder" wrote:

I think you need the IDE emulation when using optical drives. Is there
any reason you don't want to use the IDE emulation? I have another
Gigabyte board and it set up and ran perfectly using the default
settings. The hard drive hit the max rating in the Vista Performance
Rating so I don't think the emulation hurts any.

I agree and have found no speed differences between the two.