Old August 9th 18, 05:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Mr. Man-wai Chang

Default "Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

On 8/9/2018 9:37 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
"Why I Will Never Buy a Hard Drive Again"

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ch...ves,37563.html

"It’s been years since I was willing to work on any PC that boots from a
mechanical hard drive. Once you get used to the snappy response times
and speedier gameload times of an SSD, going back to a hard drive feels
like computing through a thick layer of molasses."

But hard disks are still cheaper and more proven, despite of new
encoding methods.

You should copy important data to some old hard disks which use less
risky encoding and could be more long-lasting than newer ones!

It's also an interesting experiment to find out which old hard disk fail
first. assumed that no "experts" sneaked into your home to do damage!

/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!
^ ^ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.39.3
不借貸! 不詐騙! 不*錢! 不援交! 不打交! 不打劫! 不自殺! 不求神! 請考慮綜援
(CSSA):