Old January 23rd 07, 03:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Simon

Default Ati TV Tuner card

PH wrote:
I was thinking of doing the same thing you suggest, using another PCI slot.
The PC does boot up without it. Could that PCI slot be bad?

"Simon" wrote in message
PH wrote:
I replaced an older tv tuner card with the pro version in the same PCI
slot. Now the PC dosen't boot half of the time. The PC would hang right
after the power button was pushed with the power and CPU leds lit but no
screen. Is it possible something as insignificant as this card could
cause this?

does the system boot ok without the card installed ? that should tell you.
If so then I would try another pci slot. If it still plays up then try the
card in another pc if you have access to one.
simon

You never know, and it's an easy test to try