Old September 18th 07, 11:27 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DaveW[_4_]

Default All videos playing dark but the rest, OK?

That older underpowered video card cannot successfully play videos. Time to
move to modern hardware...

--
---------------------
DaveW

---------------------
"psongman" wrote in message
oups.com...
HI, I have the Nvidia Riva TNT graphics card on my old Gateway hooked
up to a Gateway EV700 monitor. Now, I got the system up and running
after formatting and installing Windows XP SP2 Home.

All seemed OK so I decided to play back some videos from my older,
yes, haha, older, PC. Wow, they were too dark, so I updated the
drivers to 61.7 exe ones on the Nvidia site. That didn't help at all.
I can't figure out what is going on as the rest of the display on all
program opened is fantastic. Something must be up and I have a
suspicion, that others have encountered this problem. Please help me
to get the video playback ironed out without having to boost settings
like in WMP. OH, last note, it happens in Realplayer and VLC too, but
you can boost the WMP in Tools etc. Thanks for listening, psingman