Old March 11th 07, 12:44 PM posted to creative.products.sound_blaster.live
Smooch

Default Microphone stopped working on a Sound Blaster Live!

Well I've no idea if anyone still reads this group but I'm going to
take a swing at asking my question here. I've never had sound card
problems and thus I've no idea what I am doing. I use a headset and
microphone for gaming as well as voice/singing recording for a karaoke
type website. One day my mic is working dandy - next day nothing will
come out of it. I am unable to get it to work in Ventrilo (which I
use for games) or on the other site SingShot. Figured the mic died so
I plugged in another headset and got the same results. Creative Labs
no longer updates for my sound card so I went and got the original
disk and restored everything back to it's defaults. Nothing.

When I look at my Sound Control Panel I've Line-In and Microphone as
muted under Playback and Microphone selected under Recording. No
matter what I set these settings at, If I close the control panel and
do something else, the settings revert back to what they were to begin
with. At this point, I don't know what the settings SHOULD be. All
tests run show ok/normal it's just that my damn mic is not picking up
any sound!

I used it one night, turned the computer off, went to sleep and 8
hours later woke up - turned on the comp and the mic no longer
worked. If anyone is out there. I sure would love some input.
Thanks much