Old January 18th 05, 01:32 AM
Kevin

Got it working-- not exactly sure what the problem was. It was either a) I
needed to run Ghost from floppy, or b) I needed to bring up the boot menu in
BIOS and explicitly tell it to boot from the IDE drive (even though that was
the only option).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions & ideas.

- Kevin

"Kevin" wrote in message
The boot disk for my XP system has been having a number of bad sector
problems lately, so I decided to try to clone it to a new drive. I
installed a 2nd drive, formatted it, and used Norton Ghost 2003 to do a
clone of the boot (C drive to it.

When the clone is complete, I power off, swap the cable and set the
jumpers, but get a "boot failure from previous device" error on startup
(after BIOS screen but before Windows).

I can verify that the clone worked by booting off the original drive with
the clone as a slave-- all the files seem to be there.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Kevin