Old January 17th 05, 04:47 AM
Kevin

Yes, I drive was installed prior to installing ghost.

I followed the directions in Ghost's readme, and have tried using both -FDSZ
and -FDSP.

- Kevin

"Peter" wrote in message
Did you boot XP after you have installed a 2nd drive, before using Ghost
2003 (booted from DOS/floppy)?

"Kevin" wrote in message
The boot disk for my XP system has been having a number of bad sector
problems lately, so I decided to try to clone it to a new drive. I
installed a 2nd drive, formatted it, and used Norton Ghost 2003 to do a
clone of the boot (C drive to it.

When the clone is complete, I power off, swap the cable and set the

jumpers,
but get a "boot failure from previous device" error on startup (after
BIOS
screen but before Windows).

I can verify that the clone worked by booting off the original drive with
the clone as a slave-- all the files seem to be there.

What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks,
Kevin