Old October 16th 03, 05:12 AM
Spam Buster

"Rick" wrote in message ...
| Looking for any info on a model 461 (p/n 141550-001) SVGA monitor. You
| know - the usual end user stuff. Dot pitch (it actually looks better
| than most modern monitors so I'm curious what it really is), and sync
| frequencies. It appears to maxx out at 800x600x16m colors resolution.
|
| I don't want to overdrive the sync frequencies but there is no info on
| older Compaq hardware since Compaq got HPeed on. The old Softpaqs are
| still available - now on the HP ftp server - but with no index...
|
| Also looking for any site that may have info on the Compaq Prolinea
| 325/s computer.

Hope this helps:

Date: 15 June 1992
INTRODUCTION
Compaq Computer Corporation is pleased to announce the new COMPAQ ProLinea
Line of desktop PCs. The COMPAQ ProLinea Line includes three high-quality
models: the small footprint COMPAQ ProLinea 3/25zs, the more expandable
COMPAQ ProLinea 3/25s, and the COMPAQ ProLinea 4/33 with faster graphics and
processing speed. Each model is available with a choice of hard drives and
comes standard with 1024 x 768 high-resolution graphics and preinstalled
software. Conceived, engineered, and built by Compaq, this line of products
is covered by a one-year, on-site, limited parts and labor warranty.

Standard Models and Options

Models available are as follows:
[...]
COMPAQ ProLinea 3/25s:
o Model 1: 3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte Diskette Drive
o Model 84: 3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte Diskette Drive, 84-Megabyte Hard
Drive (17 ms) and Microsoft MS-DOS Version 5.0 as published by Compaq
preinstalled
o Model 84/w: 3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte Diskette Drive; 5 1/4-Inch
1.2-Megabyte Diskette Drive, 84-Megabyte Hard Drive (17 ms), and includes
a COMPAQ Mouse and preinstalled software including Microsoft MS-DOS
Version 5.0 as published by Compaq, Microsoft Windows Version 3.1, and
Spinnaker PFS:WindowWorks Version 1.25
o Model 120: 3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte Diskette Drive, 120-Megabyte Hard
Drive (17 ms), and Microsoft MS-DOS Version 5.0 as published by Compaq
preinstalled
o Model 120/w: 3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte Diskette Drive; 5 1/4-Inch
1.2-Megabyte Diskette Drive, 4 Megabytes RAM, 120-Megabyte Hard Drive (17
ms) and includes a COMPAQ Mouse and preinstalled software including
Microsoft MS-DOS Version 5.0 as published by Compaq, Microsoft Windows
Version 3.1, and Spinnaker PFS:WindowWorks Version 1.25

[...]
Standard COMPAQ
Features ProLinea 3/25s
Processor Board:
25-MHz 386SX microprocessor yes
33-MHz 486DX microprocessor ---
387SX coprocessor socket yes
Memory:
70-ns enhanced page RAM;
expandable to 16 Megabytes
on the system board 2 Megabytes
Graphics:
High-resolution graphics
with 1024 x 768 resolution;
backward compatible with
VGA at 640 x 480 or
800 x 600 resolutions 16 colors
Video Memory: 512 Kbytes
Expansion Slots:
16-bit ISA expansion slots
available for expansion
boards three
Storage Devices (depending
on model):
3 1/2-Inch 1.44-Megabyte
Diskette Drive yes
5 1/4-Inch 1.2-Megabyte
Diskette Drive yes
120-Megabyte Hard Drive
(17 ms) yes
84-Megabyte Hard Drive
(17 ms) yes
40-Megabyte Hard Drive
(21 ms) ---
Mass storage device
positions three
Standard COMPAQ
Features ProLinea 3/25s
Interfaces:
Two serial, one parallel,
one pointing device
(mouse), one keyboard yes
Integrated Controllers:
Diskette drives, hard
drive, tape drive yes
Physical Specifications:
12.6" W x 14.9" D x 3.5" H
(31.8 cm W x 37.9 cm D x
8.9 cm H) ---
15.9" W x 15.1" D x 4.0" H
(40.4 cm W x 38.4 cm D x
10.2 cm H) yes
Power Supply: 145 Watts
Security/Network:
Power-on Password yes
Keyboard Lock yes
Asset Management Password ---
Physical Lock yes
Softwa
MS-DOS Version 5.0 as
published by Compaq
preinstalled (hard
drive models) yes
COMPAQ
Options ProLinea 3/25s
Memory:
Memory module kits (SIMMs):
- 4 MB and 1-MB SIMMs yes
- 4-MB, 2-MB, and 1-MB SIMMs ---
Storage Devices:
5 1/4-Inch 1.2-Megabyte
Diskette Drive yes
210-Megabyte Hard Drive
(17 ms) yes
120-Megabyte Hard Drive
(17 ms) yes
84-Megabyte Hard Drive
(17 ms) yes
80-/120-Megabyte Tape
Drive ---
60-Megabyte Tape Drive yes
Video:
COMPAQ 1024 Color Monitor,
VGA Color Monitor, Reduced
Emissions Video Graphics
Color Monitor, Video Graphics
Monochrome Monitor, QVision
1024/I Controller yes

NEW COMPAQ 1024 COLOR MONITOR (461)
The new COMPAQ 1024 Color Monitor can be used with the COMPAQ ProLinea Line.
It is a microprocessor-based, multiscanning color monitor, which allows easy
adjustment of screen configurations at various display modes. Some of the
features of this 14-inch (diagonal) analog monitor are as follows:
o 0.28-mm dot pitch
o Supports VGA standards, Super VGA (800 x 600), 8514/A (1024 x 768
interlaced), and 1024 x 768 noninterlaced mode
o Front panel controls to adjust horizontal and vertical size and position
in each display mode
o Automatically scans the horizontal frequency from 30 to 58 KHz and
vertical frequency from 50 to 100 KHz

Picture Tube (diagonal) 14" Conventional
Viewable Image Area (diagonal) 13.5" / (34.29 cm)
Dimensions, WxHxD 14.6" x 14.3" x 15.2" / 37.1 x 36.2 x 38.6cm
Weight (unpacked) 31.86lb / 14kg
Dot Pitch 0.28 mm
Energy Star Compliant
Display Resolutions / Refresh Rates
1024 x 768 60, 70 and 75 Hz
1024 x 768 87 Hz (Interlaced)
800 x 600 60, 72 and 75 Hz
720 x 400 (Text mode) 70Hz
640 x 480 60, 72 and 75 Hz
640 x 350 70 Hz
Preset Display Modes Yes
User Programmable Graphic Modes Four
Bandwidth 75 MHz
Input Impedance75 ohms
Horizontal Frequency (Banded/Continuous) 30 to 60 kHz
Vertical Frequency 50 to 100 Hz
Power Supply(ALS) 90-132 / 180-264 VAC 47-63 Hz
Power Cord Length 2.0 m (± .5 m)
Signal Cable Connectors 15-pin Mini D-Sub
Inrush Current 30 Amps at 120 VAC; 40 Amps at 220 VAC
Maximum Power Rating 85 Watts
Sync InputTTL separate synch
Anti-glare Yes
ISO9241-3 VDT (workplace) Yes
Standard Controls Contrast, Brightness, Sizing, & Positioning
Advanced Controls Pincushion (barrel), Trapezoid