Old July 11th 04, 02:04 AM
Paul

In article , "Bob Petruska"
wrote:

I don't have any vocal posting. I have everything enabled in the vocal post
portion of the BIOS. I do have have the onboard audio turned off as I'm
using a SoundBlaster Live card.
Is this the problem?

Otherwise any suggestions would be appreciated.

The K8V doesn't have Voice POST (POST Reporter). There is room for
two chips in the lower left hand corner of the board, to the left of
the WIFI slot, and they are missing. Voice POST is on the K8V Deluxe
and the K8V SE Deluxe.

If you have either of the Deluxe boards, make sure the two jumpers
are on the FP_AUDIO header, "Speech POST Reporter" [Enabled] in
the BIOS, and then, no matter what sound cards you've got, or
whether sound is enabled/disabled in the BIOS, the Voice POST is
permanently hardwired to the lime colored, lineout jack on the
back of the computer. Plug in an amplified speaker and you should
be able to hear it.

HTH,
Paul