Old July 3rd 04, 02:51 AM
Rob

Doris Heid wrote:
Hi,

i have fixed one Problem to get an other.

First problern was the AWDFLASH from the ASUS site. It's V8.24b and didn't
work in this case. I've tried the one from the CD (8.23z) and now it loads
the BIOS File. But after loading, i get this message:

The program file's BIOS-Lock String
does not match with your system

i've tried with all BIOS versions (1006, 1007, 1008 and 1011), the message
is always the same. Any idea?

Greetz Doris

Doris,
Are you able to use ALT + F2 when the system first begins to POST? If
so, then it should take you to the built-in AWDFLASH Utility. After you
have unzipped the BIOS file you downloaded, you may need to change/add
the .bin on the end. After the built-in program starts, it will ask the
name of the file, on the floppy, to program. I think it wants to see
just "1011.bin" typed there. That should start the process. HTH.

Rob