Old September 2nd 03, 03:17 PM
santa

"Stacey" wrote in message
: terry wrote:
:
: I have a delphi program which uses modem component to connect from PC
: side modem to a device side modem. I find that the program does not
: work with some kind of modems. (Some other kind of modems works very
: stable!)
:
: After connection my program will change the connection speed 19200
: down to 9600. However, I find that when I do this, the connection
: terminates.
:
: Do anyone know why some kinds of modem will terminate the connection
: when I change speed and how to solve it?
:
:
:
: Probably it's the software modems that do this. Not sure if there is a
: solution. These same modems are the ones that drop their internet
: connection if the connection isn't great. There may be a generic AT
commend
: that will limit the modem speed on connection so you don't have to lower
it
: later?
:
:
: http://www.engplanet.com/content/Modem.html
: --
:
: Stacey

Unless you're using ancient modems most maodems "train" to a speed that is
acceptable to both parties, even the software ones. Try setting your modem
at 115200kb and see what happens.It should train automatically.

claus