Old September 17th 03, 12:55 PM
DEJ57

Default Presario 4706 - can't get the modem to work

And if you can clue me into how to set the diagnostics up...
Apparently there needs to be at least 2mb of space at the beginning of
the drive, but I can't undo the reformat because there is a D drive I
can't get rid of and so I can't delete the primary dos drive or the
extended because there's a virtual drive.

It is posssible to use some disk management tools, like Partition It, to create
a "blank" space at the beginning of the drive (even though it has info on it),
run and install the Compaq Partition, and then reclaim what wasn't used.
Create a 10 or 20 mb space, install, and then reclaim.

Dale