Old August 27th 04, 12:36 AM
Quietman

"David Simmons" wrote in message
nk.net...
Hey all,

Ran CPUZ and here's the text file. I can't thank all of you enough for
helping me with this detective work! I just wanna make sure I'm getting
what I paid for!

----------------------
CPU-Z version 1.23.2
----------------------

CPUID Output

Number of CPUs 1
Name AMD Athlon XP
Code name Barton
Specification AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2600+
Family/Model/Stepping 6A0
Extended Family/Model 7/A
Package Socket A
Technology 0.13µ
Instructions Sets MMX, Extended MMX, 3DNow!, Extended 3DNow!, SSE
Clock Speed 1533.4 MHz
Clock multiplier x11.5
Front Side Bus Frequency 133.3 MHz
Bus Speed 266.7 MHz

You should be running the Front Side Bus at 166mhz to give a Bus Speed of
333mhz. This will give you a Clock Speed of around 1.9Ghz with the 2600
Barton. The CPU is under clocked at the moment.

L1 Data Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L1 Instruction Cache 64 KBytes, 2-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Cache 512 KBytes, 16-way set associative, 64 Bytes line size
L2 Speed 1533.4 MHz (Full)
L2 Location On Chip
L2 Data Prefetch Logic yes
L2 Bus Width 64 bits