Old January 29th 15, 02:13 AM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
[email protected]

Default Transcendental floating point functions are now unfixably broken on Intel processors

On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 21:23:06 -0500, Yousuf Khan
wrote:

On 27/01/2015 6:42 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 14:11:51 -0500, Yousuf Khan
wrote:
Well, if I trace back my current desktop, it can be trace it all of the
way back to my first ever 8088 PC-XT clone. It's been upgraded
continuously ever since, component by component.

The difference is that my Opteron system has never been upgraded. It
holds down the floor just as well as it did 12 years ago. It uses a
lot less power, these days, though.

Well, I still use my desktop daily, it's my most used computer. It's
also scheduled for its next mini-upgrade in a few days or weeks. I'm
going to be installing a water cooler to it, and then I'm going to be
overclocking it. The current system is using a Phenom II X6 1100T, which
is overclocking-ready. I did overclock it slightly back when I first got
it, using its stock cooler. I did not really need the extra speed and
decided to keep it at stock speed. I'm expecting that if I overclock it
with water, I should be good with this current processor for another 2
years or so.

I have *many* things that take up my time other than upgrading
computers. I got out of that completely when I bought my first
laptop. Computers have gotten boring. They're just another tool.