Old September 8th 14, 10:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nick Maclaren[_2_]

Default Fanless or near fanless PC 2014 ? (sub 5 watts)

In article ,
Jon Elson wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:

I need to clarify something though.

The scare about running software 24/7 also has to do with the internet,
software, windows, acrobat, flash, and all kinds of updating going on.

I've had a Linux web server with email, ssh, ftp, etc. services as well
the web server, running at home for more than a decade. Long ago, I got
hacked a couple of times, now I think I have the security set high enough
so that the idiots and even the pros are prelly well locked out.

No way. I run a similar, but significantly more locked-down, system
and it wouldn't stop even a lone professional. Let alone organised
crime, like MI5, the CIA, Mossad or the Mafia.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.