Old September 8th 14, 08:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Nick Maclaren[_2_]

Default Fanless or near fanless PC 2014 ? (sub 5 watts)

In article ,
Jon Elson wrote:
Skybuck Flying wrote:

I need to clarify something though.

The scare about running software 24/7 also has to do with the internet,
software, windows, acrobat, flash, and all kinds of updating going on.

I've had a Linux web server with email, ssh, ftp, etc. services as well
the web server, running at home for more than a decade. Long ago, I got
hacked a couple of times, now I think I have the security set high enough
so that the idiots and even the pros are prelly well locked out.

No way. I have mine set up a bit higher than that, but it wouldn't
survive for long against a serious attack. As with all military
strategy, the question is which side is going to put more effort
and ingenuity in than the other. That being done, it then comes
down to luck. As in logistic regression ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.