Old May 22nd 06, 07:16 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

Default D 805 Overclocking to 4 Ghz?

'GLoBaLReBeL' wrote, in part:
| Just checked all connections, and pins and so forth. Nothing was
| lose, all hte pins are fine(I was always gentle with the cpu, and
| putting it into the holder.)
| Unfortunatly, i have no other friends with the same setup, so I'm
| kinda screwed on testing the cpu out. The original power supply is
| what caused the problem in the first place (I THINK). After the
| crash, the power supply would only make the lights in the comp turn
| on, then just fade away.
_____

Try your CPU in ANY compatible, working system; it need not be an identical
system.
Try a known good, compatible CPU in your present system.

Don't make assumptions about the cause of the problem, especially about the
power supply. As of now, you don't even know that either one is working
correctly.

Without some way of checking the three components separately you are not
going to make progress in diagnosis (power supply/CPU/{rest of the system;
mainly the motherboard}).

DO NOT make assumptions based on too little knowledge and experience. I
can't see your system, so you are the one who will have to diagnosis it, or
at least gather the information. Somehow you must check the CPU, power
supply, and rest of the system to detect the fault.

Or, as a final resort, buy a second Intel 805 D and try it with your system
at STOCK voltage and speed. Once you sort out the getting operation at
STOCK voltage and speed, then try the original 805 D again. Then try the
original power supply again. Do things slowly, carefully, one step at a
time, writing down each change you make. All the things you did not do the
first time around.

Read my post on overclocking in reply to 'Chalky'.

Also, any posts in a thread should be in reply to the correct message; your
reply should be to my message, not to the original post.

Good luck. It may be that you have lost a CPU, but gained valuable
knowledge. If you don't make mistakes, you likely aren't learning much.

Phil Weldon

. ..