Old May 22nd 06, 04:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

Default D 805 Overclocking to 4 Ghz?

Phil,
Just checked all connections, and pins and so forth. Nothing was
lose, all hte pins are fine(I was always gentle with the cpu, and
putting it into the holder.)
Unfortunatly, i have no other friends with the same setup, so I'm
kinda screwed on testing the cpu out. The original power supply is
what caused the problem in the first place (I THINK). After the
crash, the power supply would only make the lights in the comp turn
on, then just fade away. And when i put the 600W in, it ran exactly
the same as it did when it was running. There is just no boot screen
or BEEP! The screen doesn't even turn on.) I have read up a lot more
on overclocking, and will be much safer next time, I just want to make
sure that there isn't something I'm missing. Because everyone has told
me that the cpu has an auto off feature, and what i describe wouldn't
fry the cpu. But, when i switched out the 450 PS for the new
coolmaster 600W, everything started up and stayed started. Its just
there was no boot screen or anything.
Could you think of any other reason this might be happening?

Side Note : When i got fruystrated i reset the RCT by instructions,
and took the heatsink off the cpu and started the comp up. Within
seconds the computer shut down. Then put the heatsink back on, and
reset the RCT and turned on the comp, and this time it just stayed
on, but no boot screen or anything. So if it can detect the heat and
so forth, wouldn't that mean the cpu is still good? Thanx for your
help ahead of time, this is very disconcerning.