Old June 2nd 08, 02:05 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
- Bobb -

Default Memory Upgrade Compaq Presario 900

"Joe" wrote in message
Thanks for this.� I'm running Wiindows XP on a laptop.� I ran the
Crucial.com scan and it recommended I add 512mb in the 2nd slot which
I did, using the exact specifications they suggested. The computer
does not recognize it however. THough the memory is in place, their
scan picked it up as an empty slot.....

System doesn't see it in slot one,( you said won't boot)
System doesn't see it in slot two - sounds like bad/DOA 512mb memory
stick.
If you just bought it - send it back. If not, then buy a good one.