Old May 30th 08, 07:25 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Dean-MN

Default Compaq Evo display zooms in/distorts

rgmw wrote:
I have a few users who have Compaq Evo's (not my choice!). In any
case, it seems like it's random behavior, but it must be initiated by
end-user action - in this case, unintended action.

It's as if the screen becomes virtual and is much larger than the
monitor can display; to "move" around the screen, the user uses the
cursor control keys. The display appears pixelated (as in a bad
digital transmission).

I have not seen this first hand, but I'm supposed to be called when it
happens.

The PC is a Compaq Evo D510 CMT with an Intel Graphics card. The OS is
WinXP SP2.

I have looked through the driver utility and haven't found a reference
to this "feature". It doesn't seem to be initiated by MS Accessibility
options (as in the screen magnifier, which has a distinctly different
action).

Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

Hi,
Sounds like Magnifier. To open Magnifier, click Start, point to All
Programs, point to Accessories, point to Accessibility, and then click
Magnifier. I don't see how Magnifier could be started inadvertently by
drilling down into the start menu. Maybe Compaq has a button somewhere...
Dean