Old October 7th 07, 09:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Xavier M.

Default Deskpro EN refuses to boot from hard disk

"Ben Myers" a écrit dans le message de
news: ...
My guess is that the hard drives have been wiped clean and you get the
message
because there is no operating system installed. If the drives are not
partitioned, then a DOS or Windows bootable floppy will not see a C: drive
partition.

You need to start from scratch, partition and format the drives and
install an
operating system... Ben Myers

Thanks for your advice! I expected to see even a non partitioned HDD, so
maybe I'm wrong.

Strangely, I remember tried to boot from floppy on one of our working
Deskpro PCs (with Windows XP working fine) and there same thing, I could not
see disk C: ! Maybe I made a mistake?...

I also used the old MS-DOS utility MSD on the non-booting PC, same thing: it
reported no hard drive.

Anyway thanks, I'll try tomorrow with the FDISK partitioning utility...

Xavier