Old September 26th 07, 10:10 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Default Dead sound on Deskpro EN?

Yep, I'm familiar with the beast. Same model as several I've collected in my
warehouse. I'm almost 100% certain that the motherboard power connector is
24-pin. If so, is it the same as the newer 24-pin power connector used with the
newer P4 motherboards? Maybe. Maybe not. HPaq ain't telling. Don't care.

That is one of the very few systems that supports an add-in memory module in the
AGP slot. Kinda neat and wierd at the same time.

Chipset is Intel 815, so 512MB should be the maximum memory supported.

Next time I am in my warehouse, I'll write down the model code from a decal on a
system. Then you can maybe look up more info on the HPaq web site, which is
just as disorganized for Compaq equipment as it was when Compaq was independent.

.... Ben Myers

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:48:56 GMT, "William R. Walsh"
m wrote:

Hi!

Questions: This is a Socket 370 CPU?

Yes, it would appear so.

Is the power supply connector 20 pins or 24 pins?

I forgot to count while I was in the system. :-)

Built-in video and also an AGP slot?

Yes, and there's an 4MB AIMM module installed in the AGP slot.

Instead of sending you private e-mail, here's a link to the pictures:
http://greyghost.dyndns.org/deskpro-en/

All are 640x480. Available views include front, inside and back. If you can
see the incredible mess in the background, please disregard it.

William