Old June 10th 05, 11:41 PM
NoNoBadDog!

Another victim of spell-check; yes, I meant hand-held. Strangely enough,
though, they are also "handled". (chuckles to himself).

Bobby

"McSpreader" wrote in message
iPaq was originally a Compaq brand covering a variety of 'cool'
products, including a desktop PC device - see
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pb/iPAQ/10638_na.html

The iPaq PocketPC is the only survivor AFAIK.

BTW: I assume that "handled" = "handheld"

"NoNoBadDog!" wrote in

Not sure where the connection was broken, but iPAQs are handled
devices running Windows Mobile. They do not have nay of the
things you describe. They are self contained and do not have any
architectural similarities to desktop computers.

Bobby

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in
message ...
I've serviced several IPaqs lately, upgrading the memory and
doing housecleaning
on the windows files. They have a smallish chassis which
stands upright on the
desktop. Nice computer if space is limited.

The motherboard is smaller than microATX. It has an Intel 810
chipset and 2
DIMM sockets handling up to 512MB PC100 or PC133 memory.
Built-in Ethernet,
parallel, serial, USB 1.1. Standard 3.5" hard drive. Notebook
style CD-ROM
drive. Depending on the CPU speed and the amount of main
memory, $45 apiece may
be a very good deal... Ben Myers

Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:07:59 -0500

Anyone got the skinny on Ipaqs. I admit I've pretty much
ignored
them.
however a friend has a deal for several at $45.00 a piece and
wants to hook
his family in the Philippines up with them. Worth the trouble
or just a waste of time?

KC