Old June 7th 05, 06:49 PM
Kevin Childers

Was worth a shot, some Mfgs offer replacement PSUs that have a higher
wattage than the cheaper ones OEMs install. There are other sites out there
that may be of use, check the specs and pictures for a good fit at the
wattage you need.

KC

"Gordon" wrote in message
Thanks. Good site. However the units aren't any more powerful than what's
already in there.

Gordon

"Kevin Childers" wrote in message
Take a look at www.power-on,com. They have some replacement PSU that
offer
higher wattages than the OEMs.

KC

"Gordon" wrote in message
I have a Presario 6000 (6rpxe1) with a 220 watt psu. The fan is gone on
my
ti4200 graphics card and was considering upgrading it. I'd like to go
with

a second tier type card (6800 or x700) but have been told I'll need a
better psu.

Anyone know a psu that will fit and handle any proprietary needs for

the
mobo? Are their any modifications that I may need to perform? Thanks in
advance.

Gordon