Old April 30th 04, 03:13 PM
iambf

Default Seagate Drive Replacement ST330621A

My Seagate Drive from my Presario 5004CA died 2 weeks ago and I've got
a years worth of digital photos that weren't backed up on the drive. I
sent the drive to a data recovery center and they gave me free
estimate of $600.00 but told me that if I could find a matching
circuit board for the drive and replaced it there is a good chance
that the data is fully intact.

I pickedup a matching model drive on eBay but the circuit board isn't
100% the same and would spin the drive but not recognize the OS. I'm
guessing there's a difference in the firmware, etc.

Does anybody have a matching Seagate Drive from their Presario who'd
be willing to sell, trade (for the working one I bought on eBay) or
combination of both? Any other suggestions on how to get my hands on a
matching circuit board?

Here's the details on the drive:
Seagate ST330621A U 5
30 Gig