Old June 27th 13, 04:44 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Rui Sá

Default Looking for oldschool mother board

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 13:07:38 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Hi, I got a broken old pc. It is a challange to fix it for me. There is a hdd with an unix system and with a special software. it is a parth of a machine for industry. It seems taht thw sw is connected with a hardware on the computer.

I am looking for details information about this motherboard

http://i40.tinypic.com/2lmmfiq.jpg

Yes, it is little bit out of date. Does anyone know a detailed information or a shop who can sell this type of mb?

There's a Cyrix CX-83D87-33 math coprocessor (compatible with Intel's
80387) on that board, so I'd say it's an i386 mobo, running at 33 MHz.

You DO know there's no CPU on that board (it's the empty socket on the
top-right), don't you? And that it can't work without a CPU?

And it only has one SIMM (memory module) installed: I think it
probably needs all four SIMMs to work.

BTW, I had an Intel mobo with an i386-25 in the early '90s, to which I
later added a Cyrix FasMath math coprocessor, which was much cheaper
and faster than Intel's 80387. It came with four 512 KB SIMMs (total 2
MB), which I later upgraded to four 2 MB SIMMs (total 8 MB).

It has been trashed long ago, of course...

--
To reply by email please remove .no.spam from the supplied address