Old March 16th 05, 04:13 AM
P2B

BananaOfTheNight wrote:

Hi all.

I'll get straight to the point: how stable would a system that has a
Gigabyte GA-6VTXEA (Via 694T chipset) motherboard and a 1.4 GHz Tualatin
Celeron (100 MHz FSB) be if I were to push the FSB up to 133 MHz to get
a 1.8 GHz P3.

Virtually no chance of even POSTing, on any motherboard.

Tualatin cores are almost always good for 1.6Ghz, really good samples
maybe 1.7Ghz. They run cool at any speed, so extreme cooling doesn't
help. IME they don't respond to Vcore increases either, in fact I've
seen some run faster with reduced Vcore.

My best Tualeron does 1.68Ghz (12 x 140 @ 1.35v).

P2B

I will be using a Tagan 380W PSU and there will be a relatively light
load on it (one modern Seagate 80 GB, 2 optical drives and a Radeon
9550). The board supports native 133 MHz FSB and I will be using PC133
SDRAM.

Also, what do you think would be the highest that I could push the FSB
up to in this case (if 133 fails, or if I can go higher)?

Thanks in advance.