Old May 21st 08, 07:43 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Nevans

Default Adding RAM to Presario 5000 5WV254

Bobb,
Thank you. Sorry for taking so long to reply (life sometimes gets in
the way!).
Nevans

On Wed, 19 Mar 2008 18:05:44 -0400, - Bobb - wrote in
:

Just put the 256 stick in the third slot

"Nevans" wrote in message
I've got two sticks of 128 MB ram and have room for one more.

If I add a stick of 256 MB, does the order in which the three sticks are
installed make any difference? Can I just put the 256 stick in the
third slot or must I put it in the first slot and move a 128 stick to
the third slot?

Compaq Presario 5000 5WV254
700 MHz
AMD Duron