Old January 22nd 08, 06:24 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq,comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc,sci.electronics.repair
kony

Default power on password is on

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:32:16 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Regardless, you should have a list of BIOS settings written down

somewhere.
I have such a listing.

With tthe older PCs and parallel port printers, you could do a
'printscreen' of the bios settings. Is that a possibility with USB
printers?

No.

I don't know that I'd consider writing down all the bios
settings all that important, unless the particular board had
some quirk in which a non-obvious setting needed to be
changed from the defaults for proper operation, and/or if
the system were overclocked then noting the o'c settings.

On the other hand if you build one system, use it for a fair
amount of time and depend on it, noting all settings changed
from defaults is conservatively a good idea. I wouldn't
bother writing down settings that aren't changed from the
defaults, there seems no point in doing that since they're
always right unless you'd changed them, and can be made
right again by clearing CMOS.